Connect on a deeper level !
The Home Safe Team met on Tuesday 5/18 and decided that for the Sundays of May 23rd and May 30th the current requirement for mandatory mask wearing will be in place. Upon Pastor Scott’s return to the pulpit on June 6th the following requirements will take effect.
1. Stay home if you, or a family member, are unwell.
2. Mask wearing in the parking lot and sanctuary will be optional.
3. Continue to sanitize when you enter and exit the sanctuary.
3. Sign-ups will continue to be used for both services.
4. Increase the sanctuary attendance to 45 not including the loft which remains at 10.
5. Singing will be allowed.
6. Parking lot service will continue through the summer and will be re-evaluated in the Fall
Vision Statement: New Market United Methodist Church strives to build and empower disciples for Jesus Christ.
Mission Statement: New Market United Methodist Church encourages faithful discipleship for Jesus Christ by participation in Prayer, the Word, Worship, Fellowship and Service.
9:30 a.m. Zoom/Parking Lot Worship Service
Pastor Scott will deliver the sermon “Sandals on the Ground”
based on the scripture: Mark 5: 21-43
Click Here for the June 27 Parking Lot Sign up
Click Here to join via zoom.
Scott Clawson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Meeting ID: 840 6145 4878
In-Person Worship in the sanctuary at 11:00 a.m. Everyone must register. We have returned the pews to their regular places pre-covid. We would like all participants to continue to sign up until further notice. There is now no restriction on the number of attendees.
Click Here for the June 27 Sanctuary Sign up
Online worship available every Sunday.
Pastor Scott will deliver the sermon “Don’t You Care?” based on the scriptures: Job 38: 1-11 and Mark: 35-41
Thursday at 7 pm
Join Pastor Scott on Zoom each Thursday evening as we begin a study on the third person in the trinity, the Holy Spirit with the study, “The God I Never Knew. Questions for tonight:
1) Have you ever experienced supernatural help that you knew came from the Holy Spirit? Describe your experience.
2) Read John 16: 8-10. One of the Holy Spirit’s roles is to convict, or convince, us of these truths. How had you understood conviction before? What do you understand about the heart behind the Holy Spirit’s conviction now?
3) Describe in your own words what the Holy Spirit is like?
4) Describe any fears or apprehensions you may have had in the past about allowing the Holy Spirit’s full freedom to work in and through you:
5) Read John 14: 16,25,26 and John 16: 12-15. What stands out to you as you read these verses?
6) What are some areas of consistent struggle, defeat or confusion in which you could use a helper?
Scott Clawson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 863 0483 4250
Starting on April 10th from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. Nick Wood will be leading an in-person bible study at the New Market Historic Schoolhouse. This is a 13-week study. The sessions will be based on the revised and expanded version of Experiencing God, Knowing and Doing the Will of God, by Henry and Richard Blackaby. There is an accompanying study guide that you can purchase Here
Explorer Camp at Camp Manidokan
July 11-16, 2021
Grades: 3-5, 6-8, 9-12
Adventures include river trips, team challenges, and beautiful hikes, campfires, s’mores, archery, crafts, and much more!
Older campers will soar on our aerial park with quick jump and zipline.
If your kids would love to go to camp but there is a financial concern, don’t worry, Mt. Carmel will help get your kids to camp!! Contact Michele Stine or Pastor Laura Isaac for questions or more information.
Daily Devotions for the Week of June 21
Monday (6/21): 2 Samuel 1:1, 17-27
What does this scripture reveal about David’s humility and integrity (Saul tried to kill David)? How can we approach difficult people with the same humility and integrity?
Tuesday (6/22): Psalm 130
What does forgiveness look like to you? What does it look like to the Lord?
Wednesday (6/23): Lamentations 3:22-33
Do you have trouble understanding lines 32 and 33? Do you believe that God causes grief? Why or why not? How can God cause grief when he does not willingly afflict or grieve anyone?
Thursday (6/24): Psalm 30
David said that he was “drawn up” from the pit, which is similar language we find elsewhere spoken of water being drawn up from a well. How is this a picture of salvation?
Friday (6/25): 2 Corinthians 8:7-15
How does verse 15 impact your generosity? Do we ever consider that we really have enough? If so, what could your response be in generosity?
Saturday (6/26)- Mark 5:21-43
Is there any significance that the number 12 was ascribed to both women (12 years of bleeding, 12 years old)? The women with the bleeding problem spent all her money and a great deal of effort to find a solution for her suffering. How likely are you to try every other option before you take your problem to God?
Sunday (6/27): Worship in person, by Zoom, or online.
On behalf of Hope 4 Kids
I wanted to thank each one of you that has donated and/or volunteered for H4K over the past year. We served 5 schools and approximately 30 students throughout the school year. While the year provided us with many obstacles and challenges, we still found a way to give back to the students in our community. Thank you!!! If you are interested in volunteering for a position
The date is approaching fast and we’re making preparations. Don’t miss out!
Cup of J.O.E.’S (Jesus Over Everything Coffee Ministry)The coffee ministry team would like to inform the congregation that our soft kick-off at the New Market Farmers Market was a success. We engaged in conversation and relationship with over 75 people in 4 hours. This convinces us that this is an effective outreach ministry and we are planning on going full steam ahead with other venues and hope to one day have a coffee cart/bike of our own. Please pray for this ministry and if you would like to join the team contact Pastor Scott.
HOPE Preschool Fall 2021 Enrollment Dates:
· Jan. 7th-8th: registration for church members
· Jan. 11th-12th: registration for current families/siblings
· Jan. 14th: registration for alumni families
· Jan. 19th: registration opens to the community
If you have any questions, contact Kathy Petrill at Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmation Saturday May 12, 2021